About the course
Increased environmental awareness as well as concerns about safe food, has led to a need for sustainable agricultural production systems. Good agricultural practices and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) have become essential components of sustainable agriculture. The integration of various control measures, with minimal use of pesticides, ensures that pests remain below the economic threshold. The IPM approach limits the negative side effects pesticides can have on the environment as well as on occupational & public health.
Who Should Attend
Growers, Produce handlers, quality-control personnel, quality technicians, quality assurance managers and service companies.
Course Program (changes may occur for organisational reasons)
The program below could be adjusted to the demands of a group of participants.
- Integrated Pest Management and Food Safety
- Impact of Plant Introductions/Invasions
- Biosecurity Concerns
- Nutrition, Food Quality and Food Safety
- Increasing Production to Provide Food Security
- Current Trends in the Use of Agrochemicals and Food Safety
- The New Paradigms
- Pesticides for Food Sovereignty
- Externalities of Pesticides
- Pesticide Residues in Food
- Pesticide Residues in Fresh Produce
- Pesticide–Pollinator Conflict
- Natural Enemy/Beneficial Insects
- Wild Birds and Mammals
- Groundwater and Soil and Environment
- Pesticide Resistance
- Pesticide Poisoning
- IPM for Food Safety through Eco-Friendly Pesticides
- Strategies for Minimizing Pesticide Use
- Role of Push–Pull Strategies
- Location-Specific IPM
- Different Components of IPM for Sustainable Food Productivity (Cultural Methods, Behavioral Control, Host-Plant Resistance)
To be determined. Please contact Freshtech QMS for more information.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In person: € 2.950,= per person, excluding VAT.
Virtual (Teams): € 2.550,= per person, excluding VAT.
Registration or more information?
To participate in this course please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you first need more information? Please do not hesitate to contact us via the above e-mail address.