About the course
In this five days course you will be introduced to the common challenges facing producers, including temperature, atmosphere, and contamination risks. The influence of both preharvest and postharvest factors on product quality will be explored. At the end the processes and controls implemented to mitigate or eliminate these dangers to food quality after harvesting will be discussed.
Who Should Attend
Produce handlers, quality-control personnel, quality technicians, quality assurance managers and service companies.
Course Program (changes may occur for organisational reasons)
The program below could be adjusted to the demands of a group of participants.
- Postharvest biology of horticultural crops overview
- Preharvest factors affecting Fruit and vegetable Quality
- Maturation and maturity indices
- Harvesting systems, packinghouse facilities and equipment
- Postharvest handling, quality and safety management
- Preparation for fresh market
- Packaging for horticultural crops
- Hygiene and sanitation in postharvest handling
- Storage of fruits and vegetables
- Modified Atmosphere during transport and storage
- Ethylene in Postharvest technology
- Principles of postharvest pathology and management of Decays
- Postharvest diseases of selected commodities
- Transport systems, loading patterns, environmental control, modified atmospheres
- Standardization and inspection, quality control and evaluation
To be determined. Please contact Freshtech QMS for more information.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In person: € 2.250,= per person, excluding VAT.
Virtual (Teams):€ 1.850,= per person, excluding VAT.
Registration or more information?
To participate in this course please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Do you first need more information? Please do not hesitate to contact us via the above e-mail address.