About The Course
The Fruit Ripening & Ethylene Management training course lasts two days. The training will focuses on ripening steps to be taken to increase profits by reducing losses at the receiving end, and delivering delicious, ready-to-eat fruits and fruit-vegetables to the consumer. This workshop features lectures, demonstrations and a visit to Ripening facilities.
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for shippers and fruit handlers (wholesale and retail) and produce managers who are involved in handling and ripening fruits and fruit-vegetables.
Course Program (changes may occur for organisational reasons)
The program below could be adjusted to the demands of a group of participants.
- Importance of ripening programs
- Ripening fruit and fruit-vegetables
- Ripening facilities & equipment
- Maturity and quality relationships
- Steps in ripening
- Receival assessment
- Ripening conditions
- Temperature management before ripening
- Temperature management after ripening
- Ethylene inhibition and control
- Tools to control ripening and senescence
- Ethylene injection
- Venting rooms
- Monitoring fruit and handling conditions
- Operating a forced-air ripening system
- Physiological disorders and other losses
To be determined. Please contact Freshtech QMS for more information.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In person: € 1.750,= per person, excluding VAT.
Virtual (Teams): € 1.580,= per person, excluding VAT.
Registration or more information?
To participate in this course please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Do you first need more information? Please do not hesitate to contact us via the above e-mail address.